Nyasa Bullets Charged

Football Association of Malawi-FAM, has charged Nyasa Big Bullets for miscoduct following events that occurred during their 1-0 loss to Blue Eagles in the final of the Airtel To 8 last Saturday at Bingu National Stadium in Lilongwe.

According to a letter that 247 Media has seen, the “people’s team” have been charged with six counts and have 48 hours to respond to the charges.
Fam, through its Competitions Committee, says it has finalised reviewing reports from various stakeholders in respect of the violence that occurred after the game that was held on 1st July 2018, and that Bullets have a number of changes to answer.
“As outlined in Article 24.1 of the Airtel Top 8 Rules and Regulations, clubs are responsible for the actions of their supporters, officials and players, and as such they are required to take all necessary measures to prevent display of unsporting behaviours.

We would like to note that after review of the reports, we have established that your club failed to discharge its responsibilities in line with Article 24.1, above,” reads the letter signed by Fam General Secretary Alfred Gunda.
According to the letter, the first charge that Bullets will answer is that of pitch invasion. The letter says Nyasa Big Bullets failed to prevent their officials and supporters from invading the pitch contrary to Article 24.10 of the 2018 Airtel Top 8 Cup Rules and Regulations.

Bullets players Mike Mkwate and Miracle Gabeya are likely to receive a punishment as well as it has been found that they were responsible for the assault of the referee Misheck Juba
“On the said date Nyasa Big Bullets FC failed to prevent their players namely; Mike Mkwate and Miracle Gabeya; supporter Martin Kaunda and unidentified supporters from beating or bullying of the match referee Mr. Misheck Juba contrary to Article 24.12 of the 2018 Airtel Top 8 Cup Rules and Regulations.”
The team has also been charged for criticizing match officials in public through its Press Release dated 4th July 2018.
The Blantyre giants will also answer charges of inciting violence and bringing the game into disrepute.

As if that is not enough, some top Bullets officials and supporters have also been charged for being involved in a brawl with the Police.
“On the said date Nyasa Big Bullets FC failed to prevent their Chief Executive Officer Mr. Fleetwood Haiya, Director of Supporters Mr. Stone Mwamadi, Ms Fanny Soko, William Chiuzeni and several unidentified supporters from being involved in a brawl with the Police who were bringing the situation to order contrary to Articles 50 and 51 of the FAM Disciplinary Code.”

Meanwhile Bullets Cheif Executive Officer, ‘Haiya’ has declined to comment on the matter claiming he is yet to see the letter.
After the Airtel Top 8 disappointment, Bullets are this weekend playing Azam Tigers at Mulanje Park in the TNM Super League.