Akometsi quit music management

By Durell Namasani


One of the top music management companies in the country ‘Akometsi’ owned by Social media influencer Kelvin Silugwe has announced that it has stopped the music management business.

According to a statement released by the record label, June, 2024 will be the last month¬† for the company to manage it’s three artists namely Emmie Deebo, Qaso and Diego Watumanye.

The company says they have made the decision to focus on their soon to be established music app which will be working with various artists.

The three artists have therefore been released to become independent artists or join other music labels and they have been empowered with resources and financial capital to transition smoothly from Akometsi.

“We are leaving music management having won 8 Awards out of 10 nominations and also got recognised by Cosoma in the 1 Million mark. Our achievements are unmatched in the last two years we have worked with in-house artists under our company,” reads the statement in part.

Akometsi further said that they will continue supporting the artists who have been under Akometsi as they grow independently elsewhere.

“We will work with them the same way we wish to work with all other artists through the music App.”

The statement also said that before the end of this month the company will release three remaining projects for Qaso and the they will wind up the deal with a music show in Dar es Salaam where all the three artists are expected to perform on June 14.

Silugwe has since thanked music fans who have been supporting the company ever since it ventured into music business with Afro-pop musician Pop Young.